Thursday, June 17, 2021

Tomatoes!

 Tomatoes! 


Not a lot of room for optimism in a drought, however, there is this;  ripe tomatoes!!

  Not enough for market this weekend,  however,  I think by next weekend there will be enough to share.

    I won't be at the market this weekend.   Too much crop management.  

Next weekend I'll be back at it... harvesting and baking 


  I've been thinking about the drought.   Brings back a lot of memories from 1988.

 That year is etched in every farmers mind in this region.  I lost my shirt.   

    Dealing with it, drought, is like trying to solve a puzzle that you know doesn't have a solution.

   Or maybe playing a superior chess player and in your heart and mind, you know you can't win,  so you try to at least avoid blundering the Queen.   

   It's like that 






No comments: