Friday, July 8, 2011

Today, driving a tractor down hwy 12 was an eye opening experience. In a way, when riding a bike, I had been operating under the notion that people just didn’t like bikers. I thought if I was driving a tractor with a machine on the back, I would be wider and slower, but people would be more understanding and give more room. Well, the reality is, they are not. They are not understanding and they give less room. And, on a bike at least I can get out of the way, or try, but on a tractor I’m kind of stuck out in traffic and who am I to take away someone’s god given right to keep their foot on the gas no matter what. Maybe its painful to let up on the gas, I don’t know, I drive a car a lot like a tractor so even slow seems fast to me.

I talked to another farmer; he said, when he’s on the road he takes the whole lane; because if he hugs the shoulder they try and squeeze by at high speed, traffic or no, they’re coming through.

I’d like to blame the Republicans, and maybe some limousine liberal Democrats, but I have a feeling this is a bipartisan effort to get where one is going as fast as you can while keeping in constant contact with all friends using any and all hand held devises sipping a coke eating a burger petting one’s dog and catering to the kids every whim. It’s the American dream.

That state budget thing. What a bummer. No one is going to give in. We cant even slow down

No comments: