Monday, May 10, 2010

i was biking home from a job around noon today, and a woman in a black suburban stopped me; i thought she was asking for directions...she said, i want to give you this. it was a little wad of money. i asked, what for?. she- i just feel like i should give it to you. i - i'm not poor, i'm riding my bike because i want to ride my bike. i didnt take the money. it was a wierd feeling. i was wonderfully dirty, and in work cloths as i had helped with some chain saw work south of delano, and brought my bike as a means of escape since i'm very handy with a saw and i knew they would try to keep me much longer than i desired, and i do have my own work to do even if rain is inevetable. and they did try to keep me longer, and i did manage to escape...
so i was dirty, very, and i had been on the end of a saw for a few hours, and i was biking into quite a wind and it was past noon so i was about as hungry as a bear, so i can kind of understand her conclusion and i only wish i had gone into marketing mode; for example; if you want to help me, buy produce just up the road at Peterson produce.
or; if you want to help someone, google artandes and click on communidad, then paypal.
maybe next time.
and maybe i should ride around more in my work clothes.

1 comment:

Mary said...

An interesting story. One to put in your back pocket and pull out someday when you're sitting in a rocking chair talking to your grandchildren...

Looking forward to corn and melons!
-Mary